opens an application procedure for
POSTDOC (young scientist) position in Sedimentary Geology / Hydrogeology / Geochemistry
for two-year period from April 01, 2013 to June 30, 2015.
The successful applicant will join our environmental sedimentology / geochemistry research group, which is primarily focused on fluvial sedimentary archives of Holocene anthropogenic impact and recent anthropogenic contamination. The postdoc project activities will include one of the following topics:
- dating of recent fluvial sediments (using cesium and lead isotopes) and calculation of sediment accumulation rates;
- heavy-metal contamination of fluvial deposits;
- fluvial architecture of Late Pleistocene / Holocene deposits using high-resolution core stratigraphy and shallow geophysics;
- mobility of heavy metals and metalloids in the environment including groundwater
- petrophysics, geochemistry and facies analysis of Paleozoic carbonate deposits and palaeoenvironmental implications of important boundary intervals
We offer stimulating working environment in a new faculty building and very good instrumental background in the faculty facilities. Monthly salary offer is 40 000 CZK.
- PhD or equivalent in geology / geochemistry / hydrogeology obtained no earlier than on March 28, 2008;
- good publication record in sedimentary geology / environmental geology / geochemistry / palaeoclimatology;
- good communication skills in English language (CAE or equivalent);
- recommendation letter from the PhD supervising institution or from the last employer;
Experience with application of isotope systems in geochemistry / palaeoclimatology / environmental sciences and/or working experience with electron microprobe are welcome.
Please send your application along with required documents: curriculum vitae, scanned Ph.D. diploma, motivation letter describing research interests; recommendation letter and list of publications to doc. Ondrej Bábek, e-mail address: email@example.com
doc. Mgr. Ondrej Bábek, Dr.
Deadline for application is March 15, 2013